Establishment of the company PKP CARGO INTERNATIONAL. Photo by Port of Hamburg
On October 2, 2019 Advanced World Transport a.s. (AWT) – a Czech company from the PKP CARGO Group – changed its name to PKP CARGO INTERNATIONAL a.s. AWT rebranding, including in particular the new name as well as the corporate logo and colors, are to identify the company’s relationships with the PKP CARGO Group more closely and better reflect its activities on international markets.
Advanced World Transport is the second largest rail freight carrier in the Czech Republic. In May 2015, PKP CARGO S.A. took over 80 percent shares in the company, and in November 2017 the remaining 20 percent. In December 2018, AWT acquired 80 percent shares in the company PRIMOL-RAIL d.o.o., which in 2019 received a certificate enabling provision of the rail freight on Slovenian market.
Last year, the AWT comprehensive restructuring process began, which already has visible effects. In the first quarter of 2019, the AWT company recorded a positive financial result for the first time since joining the PKP CARGO Group, and this positive tendency was confirmed by a good result obtained in the entire first half of 2019.
“We would like to develop the PKP CARGO Group operations in new markets and gain new customers. AWT has an important place in this strategy. A striking reflection of such a strategy, as well as a manifestation of the further integration of AWT in the PKP CARGO Group is the rebranding of the company, consisting in changing its name, logo and corporate colours. The new name – PKP CARGO INTERNATIONAL – is to identify more closely the company’s close relationship with the PKP CARGO Group and better reflect its activities on the international market. I hope that this change, in connection with the better and better results of the company, will be welcomed by its staff as well as by the company’s customers, its contractors and business partners,” said Czesław Warsewicz, Chairman of the Management Board of PKP CARGO S.A.
“The AWT company increases its presence abroad. Due to acquisitions and obtaining new licenses, we are increasing the transport on the north-south routes, especially in the so called Three Seas region, between the Adriatic, Baltic and Black Sea ports. We see an increasingly important role for AWT in the process of strengthening the position of the PKP CARGO Group, as a leading logistics operator in Europe. Through rebranding, the key element of which is change of name, both AWT and subsidiaries of the AWT Group will be better associated with our owner, which should have a positive impact on our business operations on international markets,” emphasized Maciej Walczyk, Chairman of the Management Board of PKP CARGO INTERNATIONAL a.s.
Source: Port of Hamburg
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Current ye@r *
Leave this field empty
© 2019 Eurologport